Clinical Psychotherapist Intern – Diabetes Institute – Orlando – Part Time — 251989
Job Category: Professional – Other Clinical
Location: Orlando, FL
Clinical Psychotherapist Intern – Diabetes Institute – Orlando – Part Time
Orlando seeks to hire insert Clinical Psychotherapist Intern who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Florida Hospital Diabetes Institute is located on the Orlando Campus of Florida Hospital. The Diabetes Institute provides a Nationally Recognized Diabetes Patient Education Services at seven of the Florida Hospital campuses and Florida Hospital Waterman. The institute provides comprehensive diabetes education classes as well as specialty individual counseling including insulin pump training and Medical Nutritional Therapy for those diagnosed with diabetes in the Central Florida Region. The Institute also provides an ongoing corporate diabetes care program that includes diabetes management and therapeutic lifestyle coaching as well as numerous community support group and cooking programs. The Diabetes Institute team includes RNs and RDs who are Certified Diabetes Educators and Certified Coaches.
Mon – Fri / 8:00a – 3:00p
The Clinical Psychotherapist Intern position, under the oversight of a Clinical Psychotherapist, is part of a multi-disciplinary team that provides comprehensive care and education to adults with obesity and/or diabetes. This position collaborates with physicians and other specialists to develop and implement treatment and intervention programs. The term of the internship is up to four years, with 100 hours spent in case review with Clinical Psychotherapist oversight. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology or equivalent for state licensure as RMHCI.
- Minimum one year of experience working with adult obesity and related psychological conditions.
- Experience speaking at large seminars and events with a high level of comfort and skill.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong clinical skills in relation to complex psychological issues related to adult obesity and diabetes.
- Strong knowledge of adult obesity and diabetes and associated medical and behavioral issues.
- High level of comfort and skill in conducting group and individual therapy and education sessions.
- Ability to participate in patient care meetings as needed to report individual patient progress, problems, re-assessments, treatment progress and make treatment recommendations.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess patients triggers, disturbances, and diagnosis.
- Ability to develop and maintain clinical records and program documentation.
- Strong therapy and assessment skills, working with various departments within the hospital as needed.
- Knowledge of Impact of Weight on Quality of Life (IWQOL), Beck Depression Inventory (BDI), and Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI).
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current, valid State of Florida License as a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern (Florida Statutes Chapter 491).
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Provides psychological assessment as part of interdisciplinary new outpatient evaluations.
- Provides psychological treatments to adult obesity and diabetes outpatients as part of comprehensive treatment plan.
- Participates in group treatment sessions for adults addressing obesity and diabetes.
- Participates in community presentations and lectures as requested.
- Participates in physician CME events, lectures and presentations as requested.
- Participates in research projects as requested by research team.
- Maintains appropriate communication and documentation of Clinical Psychotherapist oversight.
- Develops and maintains clinical records and program documentation.
- Participates in patient care meetings as needed to report individual patient progress, problems, re-assessments, and treatment progress, and makes treatment recommendations.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Clinical Psychotherapist Intern opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.
Clinical Psychotherapist Intern, Counseling Psychology
The Skill To Heal. The Spirit To Care.®