* Clinical Manager -Cardiovascular Services – Imaging – Apopka — 250184
Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Apopka, FL
Clinical Manager -Cardiovascular Services – Imaging – Apopka
Florida Hospital Apopka seeks to hire Clinical Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Apopka is just 12 miles northwest of Orlando, it is a small, yet advanced, 50-bed campus. Florida Hospital Apopka offers employees a flexible and supportive environment that allows for hands-on experience as part of a closely connected staff that feels more like family. There is a very welcoming environment, where you can get to know your peers, the support staff, and the leadership team. The new Florida Hospital Apopka will be just minutes away from our current site, on the corner of Ocoee-Apopka Road and Harmon Road – just off State Road 429. This convenient location will feature expanded services and amenities that build on the quality and personalized attention that you’ve come to trust over the last 40 years. In 2017 Florida Hospital will renew its commitment to enhancing the health and wellness of the Apopka community by opening a brand new, state-of-the-art hospital. Apopka residents will now have access to a host of new advanced services close to home – within a beautiful, family-friendly environment.
Imaging is integrally involved across the spectrum of patient care, assisting medical staff in the diagnosis and treatment of patients ranging from routine imaging studies to advanced interventional procedures. Annually, imaging performs over 40,000 procedures across emergency, inpatient, and outpatient settings. The department operates within the hospital and utilizes over 9 imaging rooms. Our vision is to become a pacesetting tertiary Imaging service supporting best practice clinical outcomes by optimizing leading technologies, leveraging resources, and providing exceptional patient care.
FT – Days
The Cardiovascular Services Clinical Manager is responsible for directing, supervising and assisting with the delivery of patient services and all related staff activities within his/her assigned area according to the policies, philosophy and mission of the Cardiovascular Services Department and Florida Hospital Administration. The manager must be able to demonstrate critical thinking, be creative with skills and have the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations and human resource functions, including hiring, performance management and scheduling. The manager is responsible to collaborate with CVS administration to manage monthly and annual budget with focus on daily productivity and customer service. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- BLS or Hospital CPR required and maintained every 2 years
- Able to recognize and intervene in potential hazards to patient safety
- Must be able to function independently with little or no supervision
- Bachelor degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Exercise Physiology, Radiologic Science, Respiratory Therapy/ Cardiopulmonary, Echocardiography or equivalent work experience in area of hire
- Cath. and Cath. lab recovery (Preferred)
- Stress Lab (Preferred)
- Echo (Preferred)
- ECG (Preferred)
- ACLS (Preferred)
- Clinical Research (Preferred)
- Basic Computer Skills (Preferred)
- Two years leadership experience (Preferred)
- Masters preferred in the areas of Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or Health Sciences (Preferred)
- Five years of clinical experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Registered Nurse or ECHV: Current Radiological or Respiratory Technology license with the Florida State Board or Cardiopulmonary Technology or Cardiovascular adult/pediatric echo and vascular registry.
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Manage daily operations, including functioning as a resource to team members, problem solving day to day issues, assisting patient flow, and being accountable of team for providing quality care
- Provides effective communication to staff and department administration including documentation, counseling and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure appropriate daily and on call staffing, managing labor expenses in accordance with department budget
- Provide oversight of resources to ensure there is appropriate inventory of supplies to support caseload in accordance with departmental budget
- Responsible for overall quality of customer service and patient safety.
- Active participation, facilitation and documentation of department approved key process improvement indicators.
- Participates in the development and implementation of employee engagement initiatives to ensure overall employee satisfaction.
- Complete employee performance review according to institutional guidelines; providing constructive feedback to employees as applicable
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or section
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Clinical Manager opportunity with Florida Hospital Apopka and apply online today.
Cardiovascular, Manager, Clinical, Imaging, Supervising.
The Skill To Heal. The Spirit To Care.®