Utility Technician II – Environmental Services – Orlando — 247765
Job Category: Non-Clinical
Location: Orlando, FL
Utility Technician II – Environmental Services – Orlando
Florida Hospital seeks to hire a Utility Technician II who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
The environmental services department is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of our patient rooms and ancillary areas such as offices, public areas and other hospital departments. Our team follows a ten step cleaning and patient experience process to excel with patient and client engagement.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. Hours will be 3:00pm to 11:30pm five days a week, variable days to include working every weekend.
Perform daily cleaning using the 10 step process of assigned areas. Conduct project cleaning of walls, lights entrances, common areas, windows vents, sidewalks, etc. as assigned. Drives Tug, loading and unloading trailer, completing all other associated Tug duties. Transport soiled linen and regular waste, pharmaceutical waste and bio-hazardous waste in accordance with department and Florida Hospital policy and procedures as they relate to waste handling and linen handling. Set up meeting rooms and move furniture as required by setups. Assist in cleanup of emergency spills as requested or observed. Perform dust mopping and wet mopping of hard surfaces as assigned. Maintain areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its member and Florida Hospital. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by Florida Hospital and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Demonstrate ability to read, write, communicate and understand instructions given in English. Demonstrates knowledge of environmental services equipment and chemicals used the department.
* Demonstrate knowledge of floor care maintenance and processes.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* Valid Florida Driver’s License Class E and driving record in accordance with Florida Hospital policy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
* Utilizes tug with trailer, loading and unloading trash and linen carts in performance of duties. Cleans the tug and completes cleanliness check list at the start and end of the shift. Key-On Procedure: Checks lights, gauges, steering, breaks, horn and backup alarm; listens to engine. If using propane for fuel, closes valve before starting. Key-Off Procedure: Inspects trailer connection to tug, trailer chains’ connection to tug, trailer ramp, tug tires and ground for leaks. If using propane for fuel, opens valve before starting. Always utilizes seat belt and does not operate phones, music or headphones while operating tug.
* Performs cleaning function using the 10 steps process in all assigned areas. Assesses area(s) of assignment. Analyzes carpeted and hard surface floors and applies correct maintenance procedures. Makes suggestions for improvement and documents daily assignments once completed. Assists in cleanup of emergency spills as requested, or observed. Monitors and reports any equipment issues or shortages. Maintains high standards set by department and Florida Hospital.
* Transports soiled linen and regular, pharmaceutical, and bio-hazardous waste in accordance with department and Florida Hospital policy and procedures as they relate to waste and linen handling. Completes initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. Properly utilizes personal protective equipment in all aspects of job performance.
* Cleans chute room.
* Utilizes Team Throughput/Cerner Bed Management system to maintain productive flow of beds and patients. Calls in and out as required.
* Accesses the medication room for cleaning purposes only. (Will be properly oriented on med room procedures.)
* Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner in relation to age based competencies.
* Documents all daily assignments completed, including end of shift report.
* May complete project cleaning of walls, light entrances, common areas, window vents, sidewalks, etc., as assigned. May set up meeting rooms and move furniture.
* Performs other duties as requested and assigned.
Key words: environmental services, janitorial, cleaning, housekeeping, utility tech
The Skill To Heal. The Spirit To Care.®