Staff Pyschotherapist- Physician Support Services- Orlando- Part Time — 245795
Job Category: Professional – Non Clinical
Location: Orlando, FL
Staff Psychotherapist – Physician Support Services- Orlando- Part Time
Florida Hospital seeks to hire a Staff Psychotherapist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Physician Support Services is located at 615 E Princeton Street Orlando. The department provides education, consulting and counseling to the Central Florida Hospital credentialed Physicians and their families. The team consists of persons trained in psychology and marriage and family counseling. The primary mission of the department and staff is to support physicians in their desire to provide optimal care to patients, to maintain healthy relationships personally, derive meaning and satisfaction from their work, and to build resiliency against burnout in a demanding environment. All services are confidential and developed in collaboration with the medical staff.
Part Time: Monday – Friday 11:00am – 6:00pm
The Staff Psychotherapist assists the Director of The Center for Physician Wellbeing in the wide range of services offered by the department, including clinical services, retreats, presentations, workshops and research. The Staff Psychotherapist is particularly responsible for new physician orientations and individual, couples’ and group counseling/support offered exclusively to Florida Hospital physicians and their families. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Doctorate in counseling or psychology-related field
- Minimum of ten years of experience in direct clinical assessment and psychotherapy delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Integrated knowledge of mental health diagnoses, psychotherapy delivery in all modalities and psycho-social assessments
- Excellent public-speaking skills
- Excellent consultation skills
- Experience delivering mental health services to physicians (Preferred)
- Organizational development experience (Preferred)
- Organizational development knowledge (Preferred)
- Research skills (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current valid State of Florida Psychology and/or Mental Health Counselor and/or Marriage and Family Counselor license
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Conducts New Physician Orientations with a focus on establishing and nurturing personal and meaningful relationships with all incoming physicians.
- Conducts individual, couples’, family, and group therapy sessions.
- Provides assessments and treatment planning for delivery of therapy and group processes. Provides emergency response and debriefing for individuals and teams affected by trauma in the environment.
- Organizes and facilitates physician support groups.
- Delivers consultation to physician practices and medical staff services as needed. Acts as a consultant to residency programs and departments within the hospital.
- Co-facilitates Physician Leadership Retreats. Organizes and facilitates Couples’ Retreats.
- Organizes and conducts research.
- Teaches continuing medical education (CME) course curriculum. Designs and delivers presentations and workshops.
- Serves on planning committees to develop strategies for physician wellbeing and mission integration.
- Supports department in all its functions.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Staff Psychotherapist opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today.
The Skill To Heal. The Spirit To Care.®